About POWERbreathe Plus Medium Resistance
- Second generation POWERbreathe Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT) device
- 65% improvement in airflow dynamics than the Classic
- Mechanical, adjustable with load setting indicator
- Drug-free - no side effects or drug interactions
Medium Resistance Load Settings
- Level 0 = 23cmH2O
- Level 1 = 39cmH2O
- Level 2 = 55cmH2O
- Level 3 = 72cmH2O
- Level 4 = 88cmH2O
- Level 5 = 104cmH2O
- Level 6 = 121cmH2O
- Level 7 = 137cmH2O
- Level 8 = 153cmH2O
- Level 9 = 170cmH2O
- Level 10 = 186cmH2O
Precise load settings may vary due to: (1) the analogue nature of the calibrated spring tensioner and the precision with which the load is selected; (2) a small effect of inspiratory flow rate upon spring compression such that high inspiratory flow rates lead to greater spring compression, and a small increase in load.
This effect is common to all spring loaded devices, and its size is magnified by increasing spring range (it is larger in a spring with a maximum range of 90cmH2O compared with one with half this range), it is also greater at lower absolute load settings.
About POWERbreathe Plus IMT
POWERbreathe is a scientifically proven Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT) device, developed by leading scientists for improving the strength and endurance of the muscles used to breathe in, primarily the diaphragm and intercostals / rib cage muscles.
As with any other muscle, respiratory muscles can be trained so that they are more resistant to fatigue. This resistance to fatigue results in reduced breathlessness and enhanced exericse tolerance.
POWERbreathe Plus uses scientifically proven Pressure Threshold Training. This provides a specific and consistent pressure to train against. When breathing in through POWERbreathe the load calibrated spring provides the resistance.
- Free shipping within NZ for consumers
- International shipping rates – Australia - $9 per unit untracked, tracked $30.
- All other countries – please enquire through email.